XCode9 - how to restore original text overwrite behavior when used on selected text?

Viewed 135

I see that XCode 9 has an unplesant new bug/feature, where if I have some swift string selected, typing " adds an extra " at the end of the string:

"Existing String" //selected by double clicking on quotes
""Existing String"" //adding another quote does not overwrite the string, but wraps it in more quotes, resulting in utter nonsense

I get two empty strings with an unknown reference in between. I expected to get a new empty string.

The new behavior is similar with [ ] in Objective-C code. I want to overwrite the method, instead I get an extra pair of brackets.

How do I prevent XCode from inserting quotes or brackets around selected text if it already has quotes or brackets?

PS. I'm getting other text editing bugs as well, most notably the { not being balanced by a closing } when creating new Obj-C methods.

0 Answers
Related