Error: Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args - trying to run ionic project on ios device

Viewed 4605

I am trying to get an earlier commit of my ionic project working. I download it, install any required packages (ionic-native) that aren't installed that should be, I can build it fine with ionic package build ios - it's just getting it to upload to device. Here is the error output that it spits out at the very end right before it would load onto the device:

...

ld: 2 duplicate symbols for architecture arm64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

** ARCHIVE FAILED **


The following build commands failed:
    Ld /Users/eamonwhite/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/myApp-bnwtqimovpcmyxaamvattontsmzm/Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/myApp/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/myApp.build/Debug-iphoneos/myApp.build/Objects-normal/arm64/myApp normal arm64
(1 failure)
Error: Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,/Users/eamonwhite/Downloads/ionicmane-82759f57fa193e7843d98642ee1dcf795d58659b/platforms/ios/cordova/build-debug.xcconfig,-workspace,myApp.xcworkspace,-scheme,myApp,-configuration,Debug,-destination,generic/platform=iOS,-archivePath,myApp.xcarchive,archive,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=/Users/eamonwhite/Downloads/ionicmane-82759f57fa193e7843d98642ee1dcf795d58659b/platforms/ios/build/device,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=/Users/eamonwhite/Downloads/ionicmane-82759f57fa193e7843d98642ee1dcf795d58659b/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch


[ERROR] Cordova encountered an error.
        You may get more insight by running the Cordova command above directly.

[ERROR] An error occurred while running cordova run ios --device (exit code 1).

I have done all the code signing stuff in xcode that needs to be done, and repaired any warnings - so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

UPDATE

I have <engine name="ios" spec="~4.4.0" /> in config.xml and I have - "cordova-ios": "~4.4.0" in package.json. Before trying this I updated cordova-ios to 4.5.1 and tried it with no luck. Then I downgraded back to 4.4.0 (as suggested) by running npm uninstall cordova-ios && npm install cordova-ios@~4.4.0 - it didn't work.

1 Answers

This is Recent error with new version of Cordova iOS engine.

Change the following in your config.xml

<engine
 name="ios"
 spec="~4.4.0"/>

Note : ^ replaced by ~ for version 4.4.0

Now you will be able to run your ionic project onto your Device without any Errors.

Related