I have a docker image for spark + jupyter (https://github.com/zipfian/spark-install)
I have another docker image for hadoop. (https://github.com/kiwenlau/hadoop-cluster-docker)
I am running 2 containers from the above 2 images in Ubuntu. For the first container: I am able to successfully launch jupyter and run python code:
import pyspark
sc = pyspark.sparkcontext('local[*]')
rdd = sc.parallelize(range(1000))
rdd.takeSample(False,5)
For the second container:
In the host Ubuntu OS, I am able to successfully go to the
- web browser localhost:8088 : And browse the Hadoop all applications
- localhost:50070: and browse the HDFS file system.
Now I want to write to the HDFS file system (running in the 2nd container) from jupyter (running in the first container).
So I add the additional line
rdd.saveAsTextFile("hdfs:///user/root/input/test")
I get the error:
HDFS URI, no host: hdfs:///user/root/input/test
Am I giving the hdfs path incorrectly ?
My understanding is that, I should be able to talk to a docker container running hdfs from another container running spark. Am I missing anything ?
Thanks for your time.
I haven't tried docker compose yet.
