I am trying to build a Slack bot in Python. I want my bot to send a message with interactive buttons on it, and then based on which the user clicks on, run a function in Python. I do not seem to find how to do this.
My code now look like this:
message = "message"
attachments = [{"text": "message",
"attachment_type": "default",
"actions": [
{
"name": "list",
"text": "message",
"type": "select",
"options": [
{
"name": "1",
"text": "1",
"type": "button",
"value": "1"
},
{
"name": "1",
"text": "1",
"type": "button",
"value": "2"
}
]}]}]
sc.api_call("chat.postMessage",
channel=channel,
text=message,
attachments=attachments)
So that gives me a message with two buttons. I, however, want to run a function based on the answer the user gives.
So say that if they click 1, function1() runs and when they click 2, function2() runs.
The Slack api documentation is quite confusing about how to do this, and the "listener" they provide rtm_read() does not pick on the user clicking on one of the buttons.
So if anyone could help me with this, it would be much appreciated.