I do not see an option to do a git fetch inside vscode Source Control tab.
How can I check what origin remote codes am I pulling and merging into my local source codes?
I do not see an option to do a git fetch inside vscode Source Control tab.
How can I check what origin remote codes am I pulling and merging into my local source codes?
VScode has a setting "git.autofetch" that is enabled to be true by default. This means when you do a git pull from the ... menu, a fetch will be ran prior to the pull. If you set git.autofetch to false, there is no explicit command from the dropdown that will do a fetch for you. You would have to type it in manually.
VSCode 1.67 (Apr. 2022) will make that command more visible with a new menu entry.
(located, as noted by Kilo in the comments, within the "..." menu in the Source Control area.)
See issue 137916 and PR 137940:
The command palette is no longer the only option to find this Git operation.
One alternate way is :
Go to SOURCE CONTROL Tab -> go to REMOTES section and you will be presented with the remote origin and there you have a reload button which also runs git fetch command.