Error "No module named wxversion" when launching playonlinux

Viewed 16720

I am currently on GNOME and trying to run playonlinux but unfortunately, when I try to launch it, I get this :

"Looking for python... 2.7.11 - Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/playonlinux/python/check_python.py", line 1, in <module>
    import os, wxversion
ImportError: **No module named wxversion**
failed tests
Looking for python2.7... 2.7.11 - Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/playonlinux/python/check_python.py", line 1, in <module>
    import os, wxversion
ImportError: **No module named wxversion**
failed tests
Looking for python2.6... 
Looking for python2... 2.7.11 - Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/playonlinux/python/check_python.py", line 1, in <module>
    import os, wxversion
ImportError: **No module named wxversion**
failed tests
Please install python before trying to run this program"

I tried to reinstall Python and Playonlinux but it did not work.

I have python-wxgtk3.0 already installed but when I list all the python packages I have with a little python script, it does not appear ...

My version of Python is 2.7.11.

Does someone know what I can do please ?

Thank you,

Rayan

3 Answers

You can refer this How to install wxPython

Using pip install wxPython-Phoenix (Linux):

sudo pip install --upgrade --pre -f https://wxpython.org/Phoenix/snapshot-builds/ wxPython 

OR this SO Post

python-wxversion is available as a separate package.
Use synaptic or apt to install it.

sudo apt show python-wxversion
Package: python-wxversion
Version: 3.0.2.0+dfsg-1build1
Priority: optional
Section: universe/python
Source: wxpython3.0
Origin: Ubuntu
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com>
Original-Maintainer: wxWidgets Maintainers <freewx-maint@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug
Installed-Size: 64.5 kB
Depends: python:any (<< 2.8), python:any (>= 2.7.5-5~)
Homepage: http://wxpython.org/
Task: edubuntu-desktop-gnome, ubuntustudio-photography
Supported: 9m
Download-Size: 12.7 kB
APT-Manual-Installed: no
APT-Sources: http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/universe amd64 Packages
Description: API for selecting the wxPython version to use
 wxWidgets (formerly known as wxWindows) is a class library for C++ providing
 GUI components and other facilities on several popular platforms (and some
 unpopular ones as well).
 .
 This package provides the wxPython version selector.
Related