I'm looking at old linux kernel log and can't understand something. How is it possible that last commit in branch (cc8394d) has date after branch merge commit (912afc3)?
* f8f5701 2012-06-02 Linus Torvalds (HEAD, v3.5-rc1) Linux 3.5-rc1
* 912afc3 2012-06-02 Linus Torvalds Merge tag 'dm-3.5-changes-1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agk/linux-dm
|\
| * cc8394d 2012-06-03 Joe Thornber dm thin: provide userspace access to pool metadata
| * a24c256 2012-06-03 Mike Snitzer dm thin: use slab mempools
| * 3599165 2012-06-03 Mikulas Patocka dm mpath: allow ioctls to trigger pg init
| * f220fd4 2012-06-03 Mike Christie dm mpath: delay retry of bypassed pg
| * 1fbdd2b 2012-06-03 Mike Snitzer dm mpath: reduce size of struct multipath
* | 4fc3acf 2012-06-02 Linus Torvalds Merge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net
To get this log I used:
git log --pretty=format:'%h %ad %an %d %s' --date=short --graph
Isn't git(linux kernel maintainer?) is supposed to be aware of timezones and commit dates? Is it a simple mistake or I misunderstand something?