I have a multi-branch pipeline job set to build by Jenkinsfile every minute if new changes are available from the git repo. I have a step that deploys the artifact to an environment if the branch name is of a certain format. I would like to be able to configure the environment on a per-branch basis without having to edit Jenkinsfile every time I create a new such branch. Here is a rough sketch of my Jenkinsfile:
pipeline {
agent any
parameters {
string(description: "DB name", name: "dbName")
}
stages {
stage("Deploy") {
steps {
deployTo "${params.dbName}"
}
}
}
}
Is there a Jenkins plugin that will let me define a default value for the dbName parameter per branch in the job configuration page? Ideally something like the mock-up below:
The values should be able to be reordered to set priority. The plugin stops checking for matches after the first one. Matching can be exact or regex.
If there isn't such a plugin currently, please point me to the closest open-source one you can think of. I can use it as a basis for coding a custom plugin.
