PyQt4 Error: Make sure you have a working Qt qmake on your PATH

Viewed 14017

I am attempting to get PyQt4 running on a windows 10 device with python 3.6.3. I have sips installed and built already in my python directory. However, when I run the configure.py/configure-ng.py file in the PyQt4 folder I get the following error: Error: Make sure you have a working Qt qmake on your PATH.

I'm not sure how to fix this problem or what qmake is. I apprectiate any answers on how to fix this!

2 Answers

qmake is the name of Qt's build tool, which generates Makefiles or other files needed to compile code on any platform that Qt supports. To fix this, you need to find out where the qmake executable lives on your system.

If you know where the executable installed, just add that directory to your path. If you don't know, you'll have to find it somehow, by searching your computer.

For the case of Ubuntu:

qmake was installed but for some reason was not working with the default python configure.py command. So I checked for the available installation path using the command

$ whereis qmake
qmake: /usr/bin/qmake /usr/bin/X11/qmake /opt/anaconda2/bin/qmake

Then I supplied the first path with the -q option like so

$ python configure.py -q /usr/bin/qmake

You may also use python3 instead of python if you prefer version 3.x. This worked well for me.

Related