public class MyTest {
public static void main(final String[] args) {
B b = new B();
b.print();
}
}
class A {
private final int x = 5;
protected int getX() {
return x;
}
public void print() {
System.out.println(getX());
}
}
class B extends A {
private final int x = 10;
@Override
protected int getX() {
return x;
}
}
In this example, I need to print subclass value in the parent class.
It is working fine. No issue.
Now it is printing 10.
But I do not want to define that property in the parent class A.
Because in this example this x datatype is very simple. So no issue.
But in real-time I want to use other datatype which may be another Class variable or List<something> which have huge data.
So ultimately I do not wish to store that value in Class A.
Because it is redundant data. It will slow down in my Hibernate thing.
Please let me know, how to achieve this without declaring variable in parent class. But I still need to use subclass variable in parent class.