We're creating Office 365 Groups using a PowerShell script, and this process in place already and we're happy with it.
I was wondering however, if it was possible to trigger the creation of the default OneNote document via the Graph API at all? It appears as though when a Group is created, it's not until someone manually visits the Document library and clicks the OneNote document, is it actually created (on the fly). I have arrived at this conclusion because if we run a Get-UnifiedGroup on the group itself (storing the result in $Group), the following property is empty: $Group.SharePointNotebookUrl
The reason we'd like to do this, is so we can create Office 365 Groups and populate the default OneNote notebook with some information, without having to have a user with permission to the group, manually trigger the creation of it. I'm able to create additional notebooks in the Group, but these are not 'presented' in the same way to end users that the default one is (with it's own dedicated tabs/menu links).