ionic serve stop after 'build dev started'

Viewed 2571

when I run ionic serve, why the process stop at build dev started?

enter image description here

can anyone help me to fix this issue?

I have 2 projects the first project is successfully running and I close the command prompt, when I moved and running to the second project the problem has occured.

3 Answers

This is due to another live server is running background. You need to kill that server and after that run ionic serve again for the new project. Closing the command prompt won't work here. But if you use the VS code, then closing the project will be killed the live server too.

In order to have 2 dev process running at the sime time you need to specify different ports:

Project1 --> ionic serve --port 8100 --livereload-port 35729 --dev-logger-port 53703

Project2 --> ionic serve --port 8200 --livereload-port 36729 --dev-logger-port 54703

I've checked and there's no other server listening on that port.

  • Restarting my computer sometime works ...
  • Now, I disabled livereload and just refresh the page myself, it seems to work ionic serve --no-open --no-livereload ... but I'm sure it's also temporary ...

Don't know what's going on with the cli ...

Related