Data Viewer not triggered in SSIS

Viewed 7000

Using: Windows 7 Enterprise; Visual Studio Pro 2017 (15.3.5); SSDT 15.1

Can't get Data Viewer to pop up on my SSIS package. I did do some Google-fu, and can't find anything relevant (or newer than 2010).

I've used the DV many times in the past, so I'm aware of how to enable a DV, the magnifying glass icon is present on the data flow paths, and I know it's not an issue of a hidden window since my package never actually pauses at any of the DV-enabled points.

Has anyone experienced this before? Am I missing something?

4 Answers

I found this question because I was having this problem also. For me it turns out that the Data Viewer was not popping up simply because there were no rows in the underlying recordset. I had expected it would pop up anyhow and show zero rows, but apparently not.

What do you have downstream of the DV? Can it be optimized out? For example, sometimes I will want a DV after a transform and nothing after that (ie, for debugging). Since I can only put a DV on a connecting line, I will stick a dummy transform (say, Union All or Multiplex) so that I can use it's connecting line.

However, sometimes SSDT will optimize that transform -- it'll notice that the Union All's output is going nowhere and deduce that it is not needed, and there goes my viewer. I usually see this outside of the IDE (ie, dtexec), but once in a while inside the IDE.

Also, you could try resetting your IDE's window layout (under the Window menu). Sometimes the viewers hide outside of the desktop, particularly if you're RDPing to the machine.

I have facing same issue , i have deleted the existing package and create new one.. It is worked for me..!!!

Related