I have an IndexedDB that is storing a large amount of dynamic data. (The static data is already cached by a Service Worker)
My problem is as this data is dynamic, I need the IndexedDB to be cleared and it to be restored each time the application is opened. For this, I need the version number to be incremented so that the onupgradeneeded event is fired. I can't think of any logical way to do this, and even using the following call in the onupgradeneeded event I get an undefined answer.
e.target.result.oldversion
My IndexedDB code is as follows, with the parameteres being: Key - The name of the JSON object to store in the database. Value - The JSON object itself.
function dbInit(key, value) {
// Open (or create) the database
var open = indexedDB.open("MyDatabase", 1);
console.log(value);
// Create the schema
open.onupgradeneeded = function(e) {
console.log("Old Version: " + e.target.result.oldversion); //Undefined
console.log("New Version: " + e.target.result.newversion); //Undefined
var db = open.result;
var store = db.createObjectStore("Inspections", {keyPath: "id", autoIncrement: true});
var index = store.createIndex(key, key);
};
open.onsuccess = function() {
// Start a new transaction
var db = open.result;
var tx = db.transaction("Inspections", "readwrite");
var store = tx.objectStore("Inspections");
var index = store.index(key);
store.add(value);
// Close the db when the transaction is done
tx.oncomplete = function() {
db.close();
};
}
}
As this method is called several times for several 'Key' objects, I will need to work out a way to increment this Version number once per opening of the page, and then move the 'add' call to outside of the onupgradeneeded method - but for the moment the priority is making sure it runs through once - incrementing the version number, firing the onupgradeneeded, deleting the current data, storing the new data.
Thanks in advance!