Clarification on what a "Transaction" is for HERE maps API

Viewed 1783

I am currently evaluating several mapping API's and I have a question regarding HERE maps and what transactions and requests are. According to the "Plans" page, "For most of our services, a transaction is one server request. For map, satellite and traffic tiles, it's 15 requests.", but when I look at my usage page, it says I have generated 756 Map Tile Requests on 9/27. Does this mean I have already generated 756 transactions or do I have to do the math and I've only generated 51 (rounding up) transactions?

Also, I only see "Map Tiles" metric on the usage graph. I do not see where the initial transactions/requests (request to initiate the map) are counted. Are these not counted and only map tile requests are?

Any clarification is greatly appreciated! Thank you In advance!

1 Answers

As of today Aug 2018, google have free monthly 28k google map load. average 1k per day.

User interactions with the map, such as panning, zooming, or switching map layers, do not generate additional map loads.

It is more than here map free 250k transaction per month. 1 map load could be hundreds of transaction.

google 28k map load >> here map 250k transaction

Bing map has free yearly 125k bing map transaction,

Maximum 125,000 cumulative billable transactions per calendar year at no charge

Google map has the most free usage compare to bingmap here map.

Also google map saterlite imagery is way better than bing map.

Bing map imagery is way better than here map. (bing map and here map share some imagery in some kind of place or in some way.... you can tell by right bottom logo remark.)

Conclusion:

Your first choice should be goolge map,

google map give you most free usage + best imagery quality.

second is bing map, less quality image, less free usage.

last is here map. worst quality of image. less free usage.

1 Google map load means 1 user load 1 html page (with google map). As long as this user does not close this loaded map page, even this user zoom/pan millions times, send million request to interact with server, still count as 1 map load. So google give you the most free usage.

Related