Getting an unexpected result while configuring Swagger with Spring Boot

Viewed 9689

I'm pretty much new to Swagger and I started Documenting very simple my web service that I've build using Spring Boot.

The problem is, After I configure swagger, in the browser when I type localhost:8080/swagger-ui.html I get this following screen with some weird popup message that says "Unable to infer base url. This is common when using dynamic servlet registration or when the API is behind an API Gateway".
I do know it may seems repeated question, but I couldn't resolve this at all with all those answers given. Following, I've posted the screenshot and complete code where I didn't what went wrong. Please make me understand If I went wrong.

Screen shot:enter image description here

Code
SwaggerConfig.java

package com.test.config;

import org.springframework.context.annotation.Bean;
import org.springframework.context.annotation.Configuration;
import springfox.documentation.spi.DocumentationType;
import springfox.documentation.spring.web.plugins.Docket;
import springfox.documentation.swagger2.annotations.EnableSwagger2;
import static springfox.documentation.builders.PathSelectors.regex;

@Configuration
@EnableSwagger2
public class SwaggerConfig {
    @Bean
    public Docket productApi() {
        return new Docket(DocumentationType.SWAGGER_2)
                .select()
                .paths(regex("/greet.*"))
                .build();
    }
}

TestApplication.java

package com.test.config;

import org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication;
import org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.SpringBootApplication;
import org.springframework.context.annotation.ComponentScan;

@SpringBootApplication
@ComponentScan(basePackages="com.test.controllers") 
public class TestApplication {

    public static void main(String[] args) {
        SpringApplication.run(TestApplication.class, args);
    }
}

TestController.java

import org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.RequestMapping;
import org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.RestController;

@RestController
@RequestMapping("/greet")
public class TestController {

    @RequestMapping
        public String getGreeting() {
        return "Hello There";
    }
}

In the above code both SwaggerConfig.java and TestApplication.java belongs to same package i.e com.test.config and TestController.java belongs to com.test.controllers

This is all the code I've and in the pom.xml I've two following dependencies

<dependency>
        <groupId>io.springfox</groupId>
        <artifactId>springfox-swagger-ui</artifactId>
        <version>2.6.1</version>
        <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>io.springfox</groupId>
        <artifactId>springfox-swagger2</artifactId>
        <version>2.6.1</version>
        <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>
6 Answers

I solved it adding the annotation @EnableSwagger2 on Application class.

@SpringBootApplication
@EnableSwagger2 //this
public class Application {

    public static void main(String[] args) {
        SpringApplication.run(Application.class, args);
    }

}

just add these three URLs in your configure method of ResourceServerConfiguration class "/swagger-ui" , "/swagger-ui.html" and "/swagger-resources/**". it can resolve your problem.

hmmm, try changing .paths to .apis(RequestHandlerSelectors.basePackage("package where your controller is com.demo.example.controller")).build(); give this a shot and if it doesn't work please let me know.

In my case this bean configuration was a problem maker.

@Bean
public CsvMapper csvSerializerMapper() {
    stuff()
}

Spring used it to initialize jackson objectMapper for Spring, which was failing silently. Fixed it by adding bean with object mapper.

@Autowired
public ObjectMapper objectMapper(Jackson2ObjectMapperBuilder builder) {
    return builder.createXmlMapper(false).build();
}
Related