I'm really new to anything git-related so hopefully this question isn't too obvious.
My repository only has one branch: main. I'm on gitkraken where I've added several files to the local repository, and I'm trying to push them to my remote repository on GitHub.com, so that I can use them for a website.
GitKraken is telling me that the push is going through but I'm not seeing any file changes on GitHub.com. Am I missing something? I've set Upstream to origin/master, I've tried making a new branch and then merging it. Not sure what else to try. Here's a screenshot of my GitKraken setup if that helps.
After I click the Push button it spins for a while then gives me the message "Pushed Successfully: main to origin". If I add or modify a file in the folder its reading from, then stage, commit, and push the changes, when I go to the relevant section on my GitHub I can see that the changes haven't been applied.
Edit 2: So I cd to where the repo is stored, and when I typed git push I got the message fatal: not a git repository. That struck me as odd since I had definitely been able to push updates from this repo in the past. So I did an git init then tried a git push master, which gave me two new errors: fatal: 'master' does not appear to be a git repository and fatal: Could not read from remote repository.. This is interesting...
