I'm testing for the first time the share option in Vagrant and I'm doing it on a new Laravel Homestead VM provisioned Virtualbox provider on a Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32-bit host machine.
I am using MINGW32 as shell and I disabled the Windows Firewall (domain, local and public) for being sure that is not affecting my actions.
Vagrant is not able to find the HTTP port automatically so I'm specifying it.
If I run the following command everything goes well:
MINGW32 ~/Vagrant/Homestead ((v6.2.2))
$ vagrant share --http 8000
Vagrant Share now defaults to using the `ngrok` driver.
The `classic` driver has been deprecated.
For more information about the `ngrok` driver, please
refer to the documentation:
https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/share/
==> homestead-7: Detecting network information for machine...
homestead-7: Local machine address: 127.0.0.1
homestead-7:
homestead-7: Note: With the local address (127.0.0.1), Vagrant Share can only
homestead-7: share any ports you have forwarded. Assign an IP or address to your
homestead-7: machine to expose all TCP ports. Consult the documentation
homestead-7: for your provider ('virtualbox') for more information.
homestead-7:
homestead-7: Local HTTP port: 8000
homestead-7: Local HTTPS port: disabled
homestead-7: Port: 2222
homestead-7: Port: 27017
homestead-7: Port: 33060
homestead-7: Port: 44300
homestead-7: Port: 54320
homestead-7: Port: 8000
homestead-7: Port: 8025
==> homestead-7: Creating Vagrant Share session...
==> homestead-7: HTTP URL: http://3bbh648b.ngrok.io
==> homestead-7:
However the following command fails:
MINGW32 ~/Vagrant/Homestead ((v6.2.2))
$ vagrant share --http 8000 --ssh
Vagrant Share now defaults to using the `ngrok` driver.
The `classic` driver has been deprecated.
For more information about the `ngrok` driver, please
refer to the documentation:
https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/share/
==> homestead-7: Detecting network information for machine...
homestead-7: Local machine address: 127.0.0.1
homestead-7:
homestead-7: Note: With the local address (127.0.0.1), Vagrant Share can only
homestead-7: share any ports you have forwarded. Assign an IP or address to your
homestead-7: machine to expose all TCP ports. Consult the documentation
homestead-7: for your provider ('virtualbox') for more information.
homestead-7:
==> homestead-7: Generating new SSH key...
homestead-7: Please enter a password to encrypt the key:
Error! Your console doesn't support hiding input. We'll ask for
input again below, but we WILL NOT be able to hide input. If this
is a problem for you, ctrl-C to exit and fix your stdin.
homestead-7: Please enter a password to encrypt the key: test
homestead-7: Repeat the password to confirm:
Error! Your console doesn't support hiding input. We'll ask for
input again below, but we WILL NOT be able to hide input. If this
is a problem for you, ctrl-C to exit and fix your stdin.
homestead-7: Repeat the password to confirm: test
homestead-7: Inserting generated SSH key into machine...
homestead-7: Local HTTP port: 8000
homestead-7: Local HTTPS port: disabled
homestead-7: SSH Port: 2222
homestead-7: Port: 2222
homestead-7: Port: 27017
homestead-7: Port: 33060
homestead-7: Port: 44300
homestead-7: Port: 54320
homestead-7: Port: 8000
homestead-7: Port: 8025
==> homestead-7: Creating Vagrant Share session...
C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/mingw32/lib/ruby/2.3.0/socket.rb:61:in `connect_internal': A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. - user specified timeout (Errno::ETIMEDOUT)
from C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/mingw32/lib/ruby/2.3.0/socket.rb:139:in `connect'
from C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/mingw32/lib/ruby/2.3.0/socket.rb:636:in `block in tcp'
from C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/mingw32/lib/ruby/2.3.0/socket.rb:231:in `each'
from C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/mingw32/lib/ruby/2.3.0/socket.rb:231:in `foreach'
from C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/mingw32/lib/ruby/2.3.0/socket.rb:626:in `tcp'
from C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-share-1.1.9/lib/vagrant-share/activate.rb:304:in `acquire_port'
from C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-share-1.1.9/lib/vagrant-share/activate.rb:312:in `acquire_port'
from C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-share-1.1.9/lib/vagrant-share/activate.rb:2360:in `block in start_share'
from C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.0/lib/vagrant/plugin/v2/command.rb:235:in `block in with_target_vms'
from C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.0/lib/vagrant/plugin/v2/command.rb:229:in `each'
from C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.0/lib/vagrant/plugin/v2/command.rb:229:in `with_target_vms'
from C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-share-1.1.9/lib/vagrant-share/activate.rb:2273:in `start_share'
from C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-share-1.1.9/lib/vagrant-share/activate.rb:2967:in `execute'
from C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.0/lib/vagrant/cli.rb:42:in `execute'
from C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.0/lib/vagrant/environment.rb:308:in `cli'
from C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.0/bin/vagrant:138:in `<main>'
My Homestead.yml file is:
---
ip: "192.168.10.10"
memory: 2048
cpus: 1
provider: virtualbox
authorize: ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
keys:
- ~/.ssh/id_rsa
folders:
- map: ~/Documents/web/laravel
to: /home/vagrant/Code
sites:
- map: homestead.app
to: /home/vagrant/Code/blog/public
databases:
- homestead
# blackfire:
# - id: foo
# token: bar
# client-id: foo
# client-token: bar
# ports:
# - send: 50000
# to: 5000
# - send: 7777
# to: 777
# protocol: udp
and I'm able to ping 192.168.10.10.
I am using Vagrant version 2.0.0 and Virtualbox version 5.1.28 r117968 (Qt5.6.2).
I tried to go to the line 61 of the file C:/Program Files/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/mingw32/lib/ruby/2.3.0/socket.rb and the output of the value local_addrinfo is empty. I also tried to increase the value of the variable timeout but I had no luck.
Could you please helping me in solving the problem? I'm not sure if it depends on Windows, MINGW32, Vagrant, Virtualbox or Laravel Homestead.