I installed Java9 (currently available version on Oracle's site) for Windows (Windows 10 x64 Professional, up to date as well, runs as a vmware virtual machine->VMware Workstation 12). I added the jdk\bin to the User's Path and tried to use Git Bash to execute commands, but even though JShell launches, it won't execute any command after pressing Enter, it just sits there without doing anything.
Interesting thing is it works perfectly with Windows's default command line CMDor Powershell. If I recall correctly Git Bash is Cygwin based. What can be the cause of this?
Also, It is not connected directly to JShell, but I had similar problems on a different machine with some command line tools, like JHipster (works on CMD but not on GitBash).
Obligatory screenshot:-
Edit.: Using jshell -v does not make a difference. Also, using any of the REPL helper commands, like /help or /help intro makes the shell to stop too.


