Updated to High Sierra and having trouble running compass

Viewed 3758

I updated to High Sierra earlier this week and am having trouble running compass. When trying to run compass watch it gives me this error:

compass watch
-bash: /usr/local/bin/compass: /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/bin/ruby: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

  • Tried to update ruby and failed. I have version 2.3. I don't have version 2.0 thats its looking for. so tried to change the path, failed again.
  • Also tried to update/reinstall compass.
  • I get an error saying I don't have permission to make changes.
3 Answers

I just ran into this as well. The solution was to make sure that the xCode command line tools were installed.

Run the following to install the needed development files.

xcode-select --install

Per @Adi's solution run this to uninstall compass and reinstall it.

sudo gem uninstall compass
gem update --system
sudo gem install compass

After that is complete you should be able to use compass and can re-run your command.

Related