Some NoSQL databases use indexes. Triplestores too? If yes, how to make or manage them?
I've used Virtuoso and Blazegraph and I suppose is strictly dependent on the database architecture. There isn't any standardization regarding indexing?
Some NoSQL databases use indexes. Triplestores too? If yes, how to make or manage them?
I've used Virtuoso and Blazegraph and I suppose is strictly dependent on the database architecture. There isn't any standardization regarding indexing?
User defined indexes aren't really in the spirit of a triple store. Since all information is managed at the most atomic level possible, every possible access path into the information should have the same conceptual cost.
Compare this with a relational model where one makes explicit decisions about degree of normalization and implicit trade-offs of access performance, compensated with user defined indexes.
This doesn't mean there are no indexes in a triple store. On the contrary, all non trivial implementations use them, whether a spo/pos/ops form or maybe something based on Lucene.