OpenTSDB some data lost

Viewed 195

I'm working with Google Cloud Platform GKE, and using kubernetes now. I am trying to use OpenTSDB through google Bigtable and it's QA time.

but it has been unexpected bugs shown when I just put some data but, it is not shown. Even long time goes on, it's not shown anymore.

I used this image and tutorial (version and env are same) https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/opentsdb-bigtable

here is my steps.

1) put data with http POST request api ex) http://localhost:4242/api/put?details=true

with Json object 
{
  "metrics": "foo.bar",
  "timestamp": "1483401600000",
  "value": 1.0,
  "tags": {
"foo": "bar"
  }
}

2) Confirm log, hbase console

3) Using GET API to query it ex: http://localhost:4242/api/query?start=1483401600000&ms=true&m=sum:foo.bar

4) cannot see anything, just empty vector

2 Answers

OpenTSB comes with a command line client tool which you can try to debug with

"..meant to be a quick debugging tool for extracting data from OpenTSDB"

Also other utilities like filesystem check fsck too can be helpful in reporting and repair if there are issues with data. Here is a full list of command line tools.

Related