How to remove insertion of double quotes on marked word in Xcode 9

Viewed 406

This new function in Xcode 9 seems to be alright, but I can't get used to it, and in most cases it turns out to require me to do more work than the old native function.

How can I prevent Xcode from quoting a marked word, rather than replacing the marked word with a single quote?

Quotes

In this case, when marking the word Text and hitting ", I want the result to be Some", not Some"Text". When marking the entire SomeText-word and hitting ", I expect the result to be a single ", not a quoted "SomeWord".

As someone who uses more than just Xcode to write text in my life, I get annoyed when each of the text-editors wants to have their own custom features, and I end up confusing the features with different editors..

1 Answers

I got in this issue too and also think that this is really annoying.
After some ivestigation, i've found out that there is a key to insert quote without Extra Action: enter image description here

It's Ctrl+Shift+"

Related