How to run same application in new run tool window? Pycharm Community 2017

Viewed 1177

I am working on a Python 3.6 project in Pycharm Community Edition 2017.2.3.

I have multiple run configurations in my project. Each different run configuration will open a different 'Run tool window'.

I want to look through the output of the previous run of my application while re-running it in another tool window. However, each new run of the same configuration will overwrite the console output of the previous run. How do I run the same application/configuration in a new tool window?

It's probably possible to just duplicate the configuration, but I'm looking for a better way. Maybe something similar to opening new terminals?

4 Answers

Go to build configurations and enable show command line afterwards. It simply opens the python interpreter in the console after running your code. Now When you run the code again. It will open a new tab in the run window, instead of overwriting the old one.

enter image description here

You can pin first tab by right click then run another script

I do not think if it is possible. But you can do it using terminal.

It's still in Run/Debug configurations but now it's called, "Run with Python console".

Related