Insert complex objects from C# into SQL Server without Entity Framework and data tables

Viewed 1251

How to insert complex objects from C# into SQL Server without using Entity Framework and data tables (I thought about Dapper.Contrib but it is only for entities).

I'm using stored procedures and Dapper for now, but I can insert only one object and also - only with dynamic parameters so it not what I looking for.

For example:

DynamicParameters p = new DynamicParameters();
p.Add("ID", user.UserInformation.ID);
p.Add("DELEGATORID", user.UserRole.DelegateID ?? string.Empty);
p.Add("APPROVER", user.UserRole.Approver);
p.Add("DELEGATOR", user.UserRole.IsDelegator);
p.Add("SEARCHTEXT", searchText);

and then insert. But I need to do 2 more inserts.

For example - I want to get 3 complex objects to insert in the stored procedure and then execute 3 stored procedure for each object

Thanks.

2 Answers

How to insert complex objects from C# into SQL Server without using Entity Framework and data tables

SQL Server can parse XML, and newer versions can also parse JSON. So the simplest way to insert shaped data into SQL Server without an ORM is to send an XML or JSON document and parse it on the server.

Related