I have a deployment with 2 containers inside a single pod (container-test2 and cloudsql-proxy).
container-test2 runs a docker image which passes ["my_app", "arg1", "arg2"] as CMD. I would like to run several instances of this container with different argument combinations. I would also like to run them in separate pods so that I can distribute them across nodes. I am not entirely sure how to do this.
I can successfully run the two containers but I don't know how to make container-test2 replicate with different arguments and make each container start inside an individual pod.
apiVersion: extensions/v1beta1
kind: Deployment
metadata:
name: test
spec:
replicas: 1
template:
metadata:
labels:
app: test
spec:
containers:
- image: gcr.io/testing-11111/testology:latest
name: container-test2
command: ["my_app", "arg1", "arg2"]
env:
- name: DB_HOST
# Connect to the SQL proxy over the local network on a fixed port.
# Change the [PORT] to the port number used by your database
# (e.g. 3306).
value: 127.0.0.1:5432
# These secrets are required to start the pod.
# [START cloudsql_secrets]
- name: DB_PASSWORD
valueFrom:
secretKeyRef:
name: cloudsql-db-credentials
key: password
- name: DB_USER
valueFrom:
secretKeyRef:
name: cloudsql-db-credentials
key: username
# [END cloudsql_secrets]
resources:
requests:
#memory: "64Mi"
cpu: 0.1
limits:
memory: "375Mi"
cpu: 0.15
# Change [INSTANCE_CONNECTION_NAME] here to include your GCP
# project, the region of your Cloud SQL instance and the name
# of your Cloud SQL instance. The format is
# $PROJECT:$REGION:$INSTANCE
# Insert the port number used by your database.
# [START proxy_container]
- image: gcr.io/cloudsql-docker/gce-proxy:1.09
name: cloudsql-proxy
command: ["/cloud_sql_proxy", "--dir=/cloudsql",
"-instances=testing-11111:europe-west2:testology=tcp:5432",
"-credential_file=/secrets/cloudsql/credentials.json"]
volumeMounts:
- name: cloudsql-instance-credentials
mountPath: /secrets/cloudsql
readOnly: true
- name: ssl-certs
mountPath: /etc/ssl/certs
- name: cloudsql
mountPath: /cloudsql
# [END proxy_container]
resources:
requests:
#memory: "64Mi"
cpu: 0.1
limits:
memory: "375Mi"
cpu: 0.15
# [START volumes]
volumes:
- name: cloudsql-instance-credentials
secret:
secretName: cloudsql-instance-credentials
- name: ssl-certs
hostPath:
path: /etc/ssl/certs
- name: cloudsql
emptyDir:
# [END volumes]
EDIT: Solution
I solved it by creating multiple copies of the deployment config into directory "deployments", amending the names and command and then running:
kubectl create -f deployments/