Constrain to margin isn't working properly on Xcode

Viewed 3197

I'm trying to set a constrain of "0" to a UIImageView from the sides (left & right) but when I add the constrain with "Constrain to margin" checked, it pins the image all the way to the edge of the ViewController while it should keep some distance, why is this happening?

3 Answers

I was having the same problem and recently resolved the issue by turning off the safe area. Safe Area Layout is enabled by default. To disable Safe Area Layout in Xcode 9, choose View > Utilities > Show File Inspector and deselect the checkbox for Use Safe Area Layout Guides. This should correct the issue. Good luck, hope it helps.

I found that if the UIView is overlapped with or by another view this issue also happens - for example if you want to put an image up by the side and you also have a full screen camera preview.

The solution for me was to drag the view where I wanted it (i.e. to one side) and then set the constraints and it behaved properly from then on - I did not have to remove the safe view. This is with Xcode 10.1.

Related