How to deploy a keycloak's SPI project using the Keycloak Deployer (/deploy)?

Viewed 5118

In Keycloak's documentation, it's stated that in order to deploy the provider, I can

copy your provider jar to the Keycloak deploy/ directory, your provider will automatically be deployed.

I'm indeed searching for a simple copy-paste way to deploy a provider without CLI nor through maven.

The problem is that I can't find any /deploy folder in keycloak's server :(

Below is the result for searching files/folders with the word deploy.

Any idea how to simply deploy the an SPI project into Keycloak? Thanks.

enter image description here

2 Answers

Create a subdirectory "providers" in keycloak home directory, then copy your JAR files to this subdirectory, then restart the keycloak server.

In the newer version of keycloak you have to put your custom SPI into the /deployments folder. This is how I did in Keycloak 4.6.0.Final

Related