it's kind of very daunting now. I've tried all I could possibly figure out, to no avail.
I am using ElementaryOS Loki, based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
I have boost 1.65.1 installed under /usr/local
I am using cmake 3.9.3 which is supporting building boost 1.65.0 and forward.
I have tried every possible way to mess with my CMakeLists.txt, which as of now, looks like this
cmake_minimum_required( VERSION 2.8 FATAL_ERROR )
project( boostpythondemo )
set( Boost_DEBUG ON )
MESSAGE("Boost Debugging is on.")
set( Boost_NO_SYSTEM_PATHS TRUE )
if( Boost_NO_SYSTEM_PATHS)
set( BOOST_ROOT "/usr/local/boost_1_65_1" )
set( BOOST_INCLUDEDIR "/usr/local/boost_1_65_1/boost" )
set( BOOST_LIBRARYDIR "/usr/local/boost_1_65_1/stage/lib" )
endif( Boost_NO_SYSTEM_PATHS )
find_package( PythonLibs 3.6 REQUIRED )
include_directories( ${PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS} )
find_package( Boost COMPONENTS python REQUIRED )
if( Boost_FOUND )
MESSAGE("******************************BOOST FOUND*******************")
endif( Boost_FOUND )
include_directories( ${Boost_INCLUDE_DIRS} )
link_directories( ${Boost_LIBRARIES} )
add_library( heyall SHARED heyall.cpp )
add_library( heyall_ext SHARED heyall_ext.cpp )
target_link_libraries( heyall_ext ${BOOST_LIBRARIES} heyall )
set_target_properties( heyall_ext PROPERTIES PREFIX "" )
from the command line output I can see I am setting the boost variables to the correct locations.
However, cmake just can't find boost_python. I really can't figure out what's going on now. the line says "BOOST FOUND" never got printed.
here is also the full cmake output log.
I built boost with python 3.6.2 which will be used to build boost_python as well, so this way I can use python 3 against boost_python.
Anyone has bumped into this before?