Visual Studio 2017 - Disable Provide Feedback Notifications

Viewed 1498

Is there a way to disable to constant "Provide feedback" notifications in Visual Studio 2017. I keep hitting "Always Ignore" but they persist.

enter image description here

Edit: Tried Help --> Send Feedback --> Settings. Changed setting to "No, I would not like to participate" but continue to receive "Provide feedback" notifications.

Edit 2: For my situation this may be due to Resharper (link) which was reported on the MS Developer Community site (link). I'll update the question again once I've confirmed.

Edit 3: Disabled Resharper and no notifications ... yet. Re-enabled Resharper 2017.2 and instantly reappeared after relaunching VS. Seems to be 1 notification for each instance of VS running.

Edit 4: Posted answer below. Was caused by using Resharper 2017.2 in evaluation mode.

4 Answers

In my case it was 100% caused by Resharper (version 2017.2) when using in "Evaluation" mode. Once I entered license info (via a JB account) the notifications went away. To confirm this I logged out, restarted the evaluation, closed/reopened VS and notifications were instantly back. Logged back in via a JB account, restarted and notifications went away.

It seems that @MachinusX is receiving notifications for a different reason so they should post a new question with their details since my issue has been resolved.

Taking suggestion of @KornMuffin and adding my comment as an answer:

I resolved this temporarily by fully uninstalling and cleaning VS files, then installing a prior release of VS 2017. I used the following URL: VS 2017 Releases and selected Enterprise 15.0 (not 15.3 even though the release dates suggest 15.3 is older than 15.0 -- they are misleading/mislabeled). This has worked for me for now, until MS releases a fix. If trying the same, you will need to be logged into your MSDN account to download the prior release.

Normally that kind of option, when marked, is saved somewhere in Regedit so whenever the popup is about to appear again it will check first what options you have marked.

If it's not remembering them, maybe it's an issue saving your preferences?
Somtimes it can be just as simple as running visual with administrator priviledges.

I say this because mine kept forgetting my account and I had to sign in every single time I opened it.

Switched to running it with administrator priviledges and it no longer forgets me which is so much better than having to put my credentials every single time!

Related