Does Realm have size limitation over one column of a table

Viewed 1181

I am working on Realm database for android. My requirement is I need to store large data (more than 2mb minimum) in a single column of a row in a table. In normal SQLite - android we can not fetch the data from column table if is has more than 2mb size(due to the cursor window size limitation). So I want to move from sqlite to realm. But when I do a sample app which stores and retrieves more than 2mb, Realm also throws exception.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to allocate a 46633948 byte allocation with 16777120 free bytes and 39MB until OOM at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.enlargeBuffer(AbstractStringBuilder.java:95) at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append0(AbstractStringBuilder.java:146) at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(StringBuilder.java:216)

Which is the best way? I don't have any choice to split the data and storing it in the file and file path store in db. I need to store large data (String in encrypted format) in a single column.

1 Answers
Related