I'm getting the following error when trying to add JDK 9. It's working with JDK 8, but not JDK 9.
Please advise.
I'm getting the following error when trying to add JDK 9. It's working with JDK 8, but not JDK 9.
Please advise.
Add Java 9 support for Oxygen. Read this link. Java 9 stable release has launched only today. So it is not yet available in the base Oxygen package. If you are in a hurry to use Java 9 with Eclipse, you can download the support patch from market place.
The official version of eclipse that supports Java 9 is v4.7.1a (Notice the "a" at the end)
The release notes are here
It is available since October 11
This version also includes support for JUnit 5
You can download it here as before
I had the same problem. I downloaded the newest Eclipse, 4.7.1, and could not add a JRE/JDK 9.
This is what I did to solve the problem: Help -> Check for Updates. Three updates were found. I installed the first one, "Eclipse for RCP and RAP Developers", and voilĂ !
I could finally add a JRE/JDK 9. It worked via both "Add..." and "Search..." buttons.