Visual Studio - Android - "The emulator exited unexpectedly. Please check the emulator settings"

Viewed 963

I am just starting out with mobile app development and I have an issue when trying to run the emulator for a "HelloWorld" application that builds correctly.

I am on OSX using Visual Studio Community, and as soon as I try to run the app it says:

"The emulator exited unexpectedly. Please check the emulator settings"

I have installed the Android SDK and NDK with homebrew and configured them in VS like so:

Android Configuration

I have also installed these platforms:

enter image description here

I am very new to all of this.

1 Answers

I've got this problem after updating BigSur from 11.2 to 11.3 a couple of weeks ago. This worked for me on VS for Mac 2019 :

  1. On VS for Mac, go to Tools > SDK Manager (see first picture). enter image description here

This will open up the Preferences at the right place.

  1. In the second picture, uncheck "Android Emulator" and click "Apply". enter image description here

  2. It should be automatic from now on. For me, it said that my SDK needed repair, so I clicked Repair and it redownloaded everything it needed.

  3. Restart VS and next time it should run the emulator.

Related