I'm trying to send a string from my c client to a Java server, after which the server sends a text file to the client.
This is the part of client code that sends the string.
int n = write(sock_fd,"Ready",5);
if (n < 0)
printf("ERROR writing to socket\n");
recv_file(sock_fd, filename);
And this is the server part of java code:
InputStream is = socket.getInputStream();
InputStreamReader isr = new InputStreamReader(is);
BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(isr);
String message = br.readLine();
System.out.println("Message received from client is " + message);
String FILENAME = "data.txt";
sendFile(socket, "data.txt");
Now I have verified that if I remove the part in the server code where it tries to read the string from c client, the rest of the code works fine and the file is transmitted. But if do not comment the string receiving code, both the server and client keep waiting.
I will be grateful if somebody solves this issue for me.
P.S. I know this question has been asked before but that didn't help me, so I started a new thread.