Storm Ui error kafka spout, not using HDP

Viewed 251

I Have Storm 1.1.1 installed on my machine and on my other machine I'm using Kafka version 0.10.0.1. Both services are connected with Zookeeper version 3.4.6

I succesfully deployed my topology, that looked like this:

public class SOTopology  {
    public static void main (String[] args ) throws Exception {
        final String brokers = args[0];
        final String kafkaTopic = args[1];
        final String mongo_uri = args[2];
        final String mongo_collection = args[3];
    
        TopologyBuilder topology = new TopologyBuilder();
        topology.setSpout("KafkaSpout",new KafkaSpout<>(KafkaSpoutConfig.builder(brokers, kafkaTopic).build()), 1);
        topology.setBolt("FilterBolt", new Filterbolt(),1).shuffleGrouping("KafkaSpout");
        topology.setBolt("TagCountBolt", new TagCountBolt(),1).shuffleGrouping("FilterBolt");
        topology.setBolt("TopicBolt", new TopicBolt(),1).shuffleGrouping("FilterBolt");
        topology.setBolt("MongoDBBolt",new MongoDBBolt(),1).shuffleGrouping("TagCountBolt").shuffleGrouping("TopicBolt");

        Config conf = new Config();
        conf.setDebug(true);
        conf.put("mongo.uri", mongo_uri);
        conf.put("mongo.collection", mongo_collection);
        conf.setMaxSpoutPending(40);
        conf.setNumWorkers(10);
        conf.setDebug(true);

        StormSubmitter.submitTopology("StackOverflowTopology", conf, topology.createTopology());
    }
}

When I go to my StormUI I get the following message Offset lags for kafka not supported for older versions. Please update kafka spout to latest version. I am not using HDP but I'm already using the latest storm version and my storm-clients.jar and storm-kafka-client.jar are both for version 1.1.1. Anyone Who has an idea how I can fix this?

EDIT: In the possible duplicate they are using HDP and they fixed it by just updating their HDP cluster. Since I'm not running it on HDP, I can't really update my HDP cluster and I'm certain that my storm is the right version.

1 Answers

As mentioned in the linked question: The solution is upgrading to a recent version of the platform.

In case you for some reason manage to avoid the distribution this was perhaps not possible/practical at time of asking the question but as we are several years later now it certainly is the case that you can upgrade. (And probably already have).

Related