Server randomly returning empty response with status code 200

Viewed 3842

I have the same site running on two different machines (behind the same firewall), same exact code. I have created a test plan with Jmeter that just hits the home page. If I run with first url everything works as expected and get Size in bytes 17265. If I then other size I get a size of 0. Both are returning 200 status.

Is there a setting on the server side that could be causing this? I dont think it is a Jmeter setting since all I am doing for the 2nd request it changing the URL

enter image description here enter image description here

ADDING INFORMATION My HTTP Request Default I just add the URL and change nothing else enter image description here

For the HTTP Request I didn't actuall modify ANY setting enter image description here

This it the response body from one server: enter image description here

And this is the Other that is ALSO returning a 200 Status: enter image description here

Edit: I had seen that article but I had already had those features installed and working unless the is an additional setting somewhere in IIS that says even if these features are installed don't use them. Assuming that the errors in the logs would be under IIS there are no errors.

enter image description here

2 Answers

Your server might be requiring headers such as Accept-Encoding which JMeter is not sending by default.

To add it in see here enter image description here

As well here is a JMX file testing your domain. Disable the HTTP Header Manager and you will get a 200 status but no data.

Related