Visual Studio Community 2015 debugger ends at conditional breakpoint with "Evaluation of native methods is not supported" - how do I fix?

Viewed 6936

I have a conditional breakpoint and the condition checks the value of a string and stops if it's true. It stops but then a window opens saying:

The condition for a breakpoint failed to execute ... The error returned was 'Evaluation of method System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection.get_Item() calls into native method 'System.Globalization.TextInfo.Internal.GetCaseInsHash(). Evaluation of native methods in this context is not supported.'. Click OK to stop at this breakpoint.

I searched for answers but they said enable Managed Compatibility Mode, which didn't work.

2 Answers

Checking "Enable the Visual Studio hosting process" under project debug settings solved this problem for me.

You could perhaps also manually add the breakpoint to your code, like so...

if (conditionThatMeansStop) 
{
    System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Break();
}

That's how I got around...

Evaluation of method System.String.op_Equality calls into the native method System.Environment.FailFast()

... in a similar situation where I was trying to set a conditional endpoint that checked a string's value.

Related