VisualStudio Code trimTrailingWhitespace set to false is still trimming whitespace on save

Viewed 2154

I've been using VS Code for about three months now.

I have this issue where I update one single line of code in a .js file (also happens with some .css files) and my diff tool tells me that there are 100s of changes.

Apparently the files.trimTrailingWhitespace: false is not doing anything at all as it continues to trim whitespace on the file(s) on save.

These are all the settings I have been overridden on my user config:

"editor.trimAutoWhitespace": false,
"files.trimTrailingWhitespace": false,
"editor.formatOnSave": false

Nothing seems to be taking.

Also, I don't have any extensions that format my code (as far as I know).

Please help! Much appreciated.

Running VS Code for Mac v1.16.1 (latest? as of today)

Update

So, it looks like any other app (Sublime, Brackets, Atom) or even a git repo tool (like Gitlab) modifies either whitespaces or line-breaks on this file...

I even thought that maybe it was a platform-related issue (gitlab's modifications to the file, kinda hinted that it wasn't platform-related) but opening the file in Sublime on Windows did the same thing... whitespaces or line-breaks get reformatted on save. I still don't know what exactly is going on on save.

But than you so much for your input and eagerness to help.

0 Answers
Related