Submit button to pass value to database and show the occurences of the value(laravel)

Viewed 1574

I'm new at programming, especially at laravel. I've tried a lot and now I try to make laravel project but get stuck at some problems.

I want to make the submit button to pass data to the database and find out the occurences of the value in the radio button. I managed to pass data to the database but I still can't find a solution to find occurences. So, how can I know the occurences when the submit button was clicked?

Here is the blade (question.blade.php)

<table class="table" style="width: 40%">

<form action="storequestion" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="_token" value="{{ csrf_token() }}">

<tr>
    <th>M</th>
    <th>Question 1</th>
    <th>L</th>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td><input type="radio" name="q1" value="S" data-col="1"></td>
    <td>1.Statement</td>
    <td><input type="radio" name="q2" value="S" data-col="1"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td><input type="radio" name="q1" value="I" data-col="2"></td>
    <td>2.Statement</td>
    <td><input type="radio" name="q2" value="I" data-col="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td><input type="radio" name="q1" value="B" data-col="3"></td>
    <td>3.Statement</td>
    <td><input type="radio" name="q2" value="D" data-col="3"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td><input type="radio" name="q1" value="C" data-col="4"></td>
    <td>4.Statement</td>
    <td><input type="radio" name="q2" value="C" data-col="4"></td>
</tr>

        <tr>
            <th>M</th>
            <th>Question 2</th>
            <th>L</th>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td><input type="radio" name="q3" value="D" data-col="5"></td>
            <td>5.Statement</td>
            <td><input type="radio" name="q4" value="D" data-col="5"></td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td><input type="radio" name="q3" value="C" data-col="6"></td>
            <td>6.Statement</td>
            <td><input type="radio" name="q4" value="C" data-col="6"></td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td><input type="radio" name="q3" value="B" data-col="7"></td>
            <td>7.Statement</td>
            <td><input type="radio" name="q4" value="I" data-col="7"></td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td><input type="radio" name="q3" value="B" data-col="8"></td>
            <td>8.Statement</td>
            <td><input type="radio" name="q4" value="S" data-col="8"></td>
        </tr>

<tr> <td> <br><br> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit"> </td></tr>

</form>
</table>

Here is the controller (tanswercontroller.php)

public function storequestion(Request $request)
{
    $tanswer = new tanswer;
    $tanswer->q1 = $request->q1;
    $tanswer->q2 = $request->q2;
    $tanswer->q3 = $request->q3;
    $tanswer->q4 = $request->q4;
    $tanswer->save();
    return 'data saved';
 }

Here is the route (web.php)

route::post('/storequestion', 'tanswercontroller@storequestion');

So, when the submit button clicked it shows the occurence of the value of radio button checked which is a string so then it will give output something like this

//suppose we choose the radio button who has:
//in Question 1
//name="q1" value="S" data-col="1"
//name="q2" value="I" data-col="2"

//In Question 2
//name="q3" value="B" data-col="7"
//name="q4" value="S" data-col="8"

//The result will show
// S = 2 , I = 1 , B = 1

Please help me to solve this problem. If you think using javascript is easier, please let me know. Thanks

2 Answers
Related