Xcode application uploader suddenly saying icons are missing

Viewed 480

I updated to macOS High Sierra and now Xcode is suddenly saying an app's icons are totally missing when preparing for upload to iTunes Connect. This is an error returned by the iTMS service after the upload, not Xcode 9.

Missing recommended icon file - The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels, in .png format

I exported the IPA locally and of course (and as expected) the icons are all there, as nothing has changed in that configuration since our last successful binary upload, which did not render this error.

To me this seems like an iTMS issue, but I have no way of knowing unless there's a workaround. Anyone know?

1 Answers

I encountered the same error when using Xcode 10 to build and upload an existing project previously built and submitted with Xcode 9. All icon sizes were there in the catalog.

My solution was to delete the asset catalog and re-create it using the exact icons that were already in the current asset catalog.

Cleaned, Rebuilt, uploaded again and no error.

Related