I've never worked with 3d objects in any capacity, and especially not in Python. I am currently working on a pet project where I have stl and obj files containing irregularly shaped objects. I would like to eventually be able to calculate the surface area of these objects, and also to be to find the circumference at various points along the object. I would also like to able to find the surface area between various circumferences.
I don't need an easy way to do this (I'm not sure how applicable something like blender would be, but I would like to avoid using anything that involves a GUI). This is more than anything an exercise, so even if it takes months, I would prefer to output code as opposed to just having the numbers.
Some of the things that I've found and have been playing with are
from stl import mesh
and also MeshPy, which I've tried and failed to download properly.
If using Python is absolutely not recommended, I don't mind learning another language. I'm just really lost on where to start with this.