Spring data JPA only one composite key auto incremented

Viewed 614

I am using MySQL database.

My table is an employee in which there are two primary keys, out of which one is auto incremented.

My code is:

@Embeddable
    public class EmployeeId implements Serializable {
        /**
         * 
         */
        private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
        @Column(name = "id", nullable = false)// this i want to increment 
        private int id;
        // I have  tried and @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.IDENTITY),
        //@GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.IDENTITY) 
        //and @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.TABLE)
        //@GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.AUTO, generator = "id") @SequenceGenerator(name = "id", sequenceName = "id")

        @Column(name = "gender_key", nullable = false)
        private id gender_key;

        }



        @Entity
        @Table(name = "employee")
        public class employee {
        @EmbeddedId
        private EmployeeId employeeId;

        private String emp_name;
        private String mobile_no;

        employee() {
        }}



        public interface employeeRepository extends
            JpaRepository<employee, EmployeeId> {
        }

In My Controller I want id after employeeRepository.save(bean); method because i want to save that id in different table .

logger.info("id is --- > "+id);

But I am getting always 0 value of id.

How can I get the incremented value of id which is inserted into MySQL table?

Please Help.

Thanks in advance.

1 Answers
Related