Plotly 'Download as png' resizing image when used in RShiny application

Viewed 2649

I'm using plotly package for R to display some large graphs in my shiny application, the graphs display nicely as intended. However, when I click the "Download as png" button, the downloaded .png has been resized. here is a demo of this behavior.

How can I specify the resolution for the exported plot?

Here is a minimal example that demonstates the issue by having a really long title that gets clipped on download

app.R

library(shiny)
library(ggplot2)
library(plotly)

ui <- fluidPage(titlePanel("Plotly Download demo"),

                plotlyOutput("demoPlotly"))


server <- function(input, output) {
  output$demoPlotly <- renderPlotly({
    #make an arbritrary graph with a long title
    p <- iris %>%
      ggplot(aes(x = Petal.Length, y = Petal.Width, color = Species)) +
      geom_point() +
      labs(title = "This is a really long title to demo my problem of plotly resizing my downloaded output")
    ggplotly(p)

  })
}

# Run the application
shinyApp(ui = ui, server = server)

The downloaded graph looks like this: Clipped plotly graph

1 Answers
Related