Visual Studio Code Intellisense Mode

Viewed 32277

What are valid values for the c_cpp_properties.json tag "intelliSenseMode" ?

It defaults to clang-x64, but I am compiling with g++ so is there another value I can use there? I can not find any documentation about it.

5 Answers

Because Artemy Vysotsky did not post his answer as an answer:

The documentation states that "msvc-x64" and "clang-x64" are the only possible values.

When editing the .json configuration file, just type "intelliSenseMode": "" and let intelliSense itself help.

Actually you may use the option "intelliSenseMode": "${default}" to allow self selection.

As of today, the defaults are: clang-x64 for Mac; msvc-x64 for Windows; and gcc-x64 for Linux.

I am getting this warning because of line number 16 enter image description here

Just change "intelliSenseMode": "windows-msvc-x64" to "intelliSenseMode": "windows-gcc-x64"

Since v0.25, 32 bit modes are supported. The valid options are msvc-x64, gcc-x64, clang-x64 and their 32 bit counterparts msvc-x86, gcc-x86, clang-x86. There's also the ${default} option that Fábio Lobão mentions.

(Source: https://github.com/microsoft/vscode-cpptools/issues/2312)

I was having the same problem, if you're using Windows

I used "g++.exe" enter image description here

Then I changed the "IntelliSense mode" to "windows-gcc-x64" to get rid of the warning enter image description here

Related