Google Data Studio date aggregation - average number of daily users over time

Viewed 17532

This should be simple so I think I am missing it. I have a simple line chart that shows Users per day over 28 days (X axis is date, Y axis is number of users). I am using hard-coded 28 days here just to get it to work.

I want to add a scorecard for average daily users over the 28 day time frame. I tried to use a calculated field AVG(Users) but this shows an error for re-aggregating an aggregated value. Then I tried Users/28, but the result oddly is the value of Users for today. The division seems to be completely ignored.

What is the best way to show average number of daily users over a time frame? Average daily users over 10 days, 20 day, etc.

2 Answers

Try to create a new metric that counts the dates eg

Count of Date = COUNT(Date) or Count of Date = COUNT_DISTINCT(Date) in case you have duplicated dates

Then create another metric for average users

Users AVG = (Users / Count of Date)

The average depends on the timeframe you have selected. If you are selecting the last 28 days the average is for those 28 days (dates), if you filter 20 days the average is for those 20 days etc.

Hope that helps.

Related