I have n integers a_1, ..., a_n. I want to pick the minimum number from all of them whose xor forms others.
For example, consider [1,2,3], 1^3=2 so you don't need 2 in the array. So you can remove it. To end up with [1,3]. So the min number of elements is 2 and they can form all the original elements in the array by xoring any 2 of them. Would a greedy approach work here? or DP?
Edit: To explain what I am thinking. A greedy approach I thought about was due to the fact that if a^b=c then a^c=b and b^c=a. First I delete all duplicates. then I would first in the beginning list all the pairs that each element can pair up with to form another element in the array. It takes O(n^3) for preprocessing. Then I pick the element with the least contribution and I delete it and subsequently subtract 1 from each of the other elements. I repeat this until all elements have <=2 pairs. and I stop. This would also take O(n^3) for a total of O(n^3). Does this greedy approach work? Is there a DP way to do it?