My xarray Dataset has three dimensions,
x,y,t
and 2 variables,
foo,bar
I would like to apply function baz() on every x, y coordinate pair's time series t
baz() will accept an array of foo-s and and array of bar-s for a given (x, y)
I'm having a tough time understanding whether or not built in structures to handle/distribute this exists in either, xarray, pandas, numpy, or dask.
Any hints?
My current approach is writing a python array iterator, or exploring ufunc:
The issues with iterating over something in python is that I have to deal with concurrency myself and that there is overhead in the iteration.
The issues with ufunc is that I don't understand it enough and seems like it's a function that is applied to individual elements of the array, not subsets along axes.
The hopeful part of me is looking for something that is xarray native or daskable.