Use built-in SSH in Oracle SQL Developer instead of using PuTTY first

Viewed 19594

I don't have extensive knowledges about Oracle SQL Developer (Version 17.2) and SSH tunnel. I have been using PuTTY (KiTTY is the software I used) to establish SSH tunnel to connect to the database. This is the example of how I set up originally with KiTTY. Also, when I start the session where a command prompt window will pop up, I'll need to enter username and password. Let's assume the Username is username and the Password is password. And for the database, the Username is database_username and the Password is database_password.

SSH Setup:

Tunnel Setup:

I learned that you can use SSH (View > SSH) function directly from Oracle SQL Developer, and I have tried for two days but didn't work. From the information I have attached in the two pics above, will I be able to use the built-in SSH function or do I have to always use PuTTY? This is how I set up currently:

SSH in Oracle SQL Developer Setup:

How should I change the built-in SSH setup in order for me to connect to database through SSH? Will this be possible? If so, can you show me exactly what I need to enter the information into those fields (please use mine so I can follow each step)? I just think this process can be simplified within one program.

1 Answers
Related