FSEvents error when running create-react-native-app tests

Viewed 2521

I am getting the following errors when running yarn run test on a create-react-native-app:

$ yarn run test
yarn run v1.0.1
$ node node_modules/jest/bin/jest.js --watch
2017-09-13 14:53 node[2839] (FSEvents.framework) FSEventStreamStart: register_with_server: ERROR: f2d_register_rpc() => (null) (-22)
2017-09-13 14:53 node[2839] (FSEvents.framework) FSEventStreamStart: register_with_server: ERROR: f2d_register_rpc() => (null) (-22)
2017-09-13 14:53 node[2839] (FSEvents.framework) FSEventStreamStart: register_with_server: ERROR: f2d_register_rpc() => (null) (-22)
2017-09-13 14:53 node[2839] (FSEvents.framework) FSEventStreamStart: register_with_server: ERROR: f2d_register_rpc() => (null) (-22)
events.js:160
      throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
      ^

Error: Error watching file for changes: EMFILE
    at exports._errnoException (util.js:1022:11)
    at FSEvent.FSWatcher._handle.onchange (fs.js:1282:11)
Segmentation fault: 11

Googling about, it seems something to do with OSX Sierra (I am on version 10.12.6) and Watchman. Some recommend increasing max file limits, which I have done, and upgrading watchman, which I have tried to do but without success.

I haven't actually installed watchman myself, I think it comes bundled as part of create react native app.

Node is installed via nvm and I have tried with v7.2.1 and 8.2.1

Any help would be amazing.

Thank you.

1 Answers
Related