Insert items from an array into a div when clicking

Viewed 306

I have an array with predefined lines:

    var linesArr = ["asd", "dsa", "das"];

I have a div, which i created with JS and styled it with my CSS:

    var div = document.createElement("div");
    div.className = "storyArea";
    div.innerHTML = linesArr[0];

Right now i have that code that can animate the texts fadeIns and fadeOuts on click:

    $(div).click(function(){
    $(this).fadeOut(1000, function() {
       $(this).text("Random text").fadeIn(2000);
        });
    });

But it is not a cycle that can iterate through my array items, it will be showing the predefined text all the time.

I tried to write a cycle that can work through that, but got lost:

    $(div).click(function(){
    for (var i = 1; i < linesArr.length; i++) {
        $(div).fadeOut(1000, function() {
            $(this).html(linesArr[i].fadeIn(2000));
            });
        };
    });

That cycle is not working, i don't have any console errors, but the logic here is flawed. Can somebody help me?

3 Answers
Related